If you believe in delighting customers, have high standards and are resourceful, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for a creative individual who has good strong culinary basics and enjoys being on the move in search of the next amazing dish.
- Reports to the Head of R&D
- Support and participate in the recipe/menu creation, testing, and launch process
- Assist and/or drive recipe testing from theoretical recipes to actual large batch production recipes
- Document recipes
- Modify recipes in response to customer feedback
- Participate in quality control and assurance
- Identify and investigate reasons for recipe failure s
- Help ensure that the menus and recipes generated are in line with Grain’s food philosophy, within food cost targets, and adhere to MUIS requirements
- Work and communicate effectively with the different functions/teams in Grain to execute and deliver on various projects in a timely manner
- Some experience from fine dining to production kitchen preferred (but not essential)
- Strong culinary basics
- Ability to work in a team
- Good communication skills
- Ability and hunger to learn and adapt on the job
- C.M.S.M Culinary Mad Scientist Mentally
What's in it for you:
- Work hand in hand with the R&D Chef to brainstorm and develop new products and recipes
- Work with a fast growing team to explore and shape best practices
- Freedom to create
- Shape and build our food
You should include these in your application:
- Resume or LinkedIn profile
- Tell us about a time where you had to work on a task that seemed to be extremely challenging, and how you overcame it?
- What are your favourite projects? What motivates you? What is something you believe that nearly no one agrees with you on?